While most legal marketing experts would agree there are more than five reasons why every legal law firm needs a website; here is a list of five top reasons:
1. Not having an attorney website is simply not an option. There is no more effective way to reach the masses of potential clients than to have a professional legal website. Many professional legal websites receive thousands of “hits” every single day; which translates into new clients and a profitable business. A legal website is available 24/7/365. When your office is closed, prospects can visit your attorney website when it is convenient for them. They can contact you via email in the middle of the night, rather than waiting for regular office hours.
2. It is Inexpensive. Internet marketing for lawyers does not need to be costly. In fact, a high-quality legal website can be produced at fees much less than you would expect. Once developed, the attorney website typically does not require a great deal of maintenance. You will, however, be wise to post current relevant articles that will appeal to your ideal target market to get the most out of your law firm marketing.
3. It is a simple and effective way to build your client base. When you offer a free special report, e-Book or newsletter to clients who register on your legal website, you have now established a way to contact them. Using technology you can send out regular emails to all prospective clients. Emails can include problem-solving ideas, introductions to new staff members, etc. The whole point is to increase legal marketing success by building good relationships.
4. Your Competitors have Legal Websites. If you don’t have a legal website that is just as good than your competitor’s, you run the risk of losing many valuable clients. Your legal website does not have to be flashy; but it does need to reflect your ideal target market. Tell your prospects what you can offer them that no other firm can – this is the most effective form of legal law firm marketing and simple to achieve.
5. Visibility and Credibility. Effective Internet marketing for lawyers relies upon visibility and credibility. You must be visible or clients won’t know how to find you. Gone are the days when people thumb through the Yellow Pages to search for a lawyer. Credibility is a critical component to ensure your attorney marketing will be successful. Consumers who rely on the Internet are not likely to work with a law firm that does not have a legal website.
There are literally dozens of other reasons why every attorney should have a legal website, but we cannot conceive of a single reason why they should not.